1. PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT
Fundhouse Investment Advisors (Pty) Ltd is an authorised financial services provider in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act. As such we have certain specific duties to you, our clients. One of these duties is to offer you a formal complaints resolution system, which will enable you to exercise your rights as provided for in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act. The purpose of this document is to inform you of how you can make use of our complaints resolution system.
2. COMPLAINTS MANAGEMENT MISSION
We are committed to providing our clients with quality service and undertake to manage the affairs of our clients in such a way that it would not be necessary to have a complaint about our service, integrity and commitment. However should it happen that a client does have a complaint, we undertake to:
3. DEFINITION OF A COMPLAINT
Complaint means a specific complaint relating to a financial service rendered to the client on or after the 30th of September 2004, being the commencement of FAIS, alleging that the FSP:
The complaint must not be about the investment performance of the product unless the financial performance was guaranteed or the financial performance was so deficient that it creates the presumption that there has been misrepresentation, negligence or mal-administration.
4. SUBMITTING YOUR COMPLAINT
Should you wish to lay a complaint with us please follow the procedure as outlined below:
If any of our representatives provided you with financial advice or any other intermediary service, and you feel that we or our representative:
Clients should submit complaints in writing and may complain by:
a) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Fax: 021 422 1117
c) Letter to: Fundhouse Investment Advisors (Pty) Ltd, 5th Floor Montclare Place, Cnr Campground and Main Road, Claremont 7708, South Africa
If the complaint is not in writing, Fundhouse Investment Advisors (Pty) Ltd must inform the client to lodge the complaint in writing with all supporting documentation.
Please include the following details with your complaint:
1. Your name, surname and contact details;
2. A complete description of your complaint;
3. The name of the person who provided you with financial advice or an intermediary service;
4. The date on which the matter complained about occurred;
5. All documentation relating to your complaint;
6. How you would prefer to receive communication from us regarding your complaint i.e. by e-mail, fax, post and please provide us with the e-mail address, fax number or address where you would prefer to receive such communication.
5. OUR COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
PO Box 74571
Telephone number (012) 470 9080 / 99
Fax number (012) 3483447
Please remember however that you must refer the complaint to the Ombudwithin 6 months from the date of the notice in which we inform you that we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction.